15 Facts for Weight Loss Newbies: Part 3
- Factors such as genetics, ethnicity, your environment, your job, physical hindrances from exercising, etc., can affect your weight management efforts. Accept that there are some things you can’t change.
- Your ultimate goal should be a realistic one. Some of us will never fit into that wedding or prom dress again. Our bodies change with time. Settle for a weight that is healthy for you now, not 15 years ago.
- Diets with too-severe restrictions like too few calories or entire food groups being omitted often lead to binges and uncontrollable cravings. Moderation is the key.
- Your weight will fluctuate from day to day. Resist the urge to weigh yourself on a daily basis, as doing so will discourage you. Weigh in the same time and day once a week.
- Bottom line: Losing weight isn't easy.
There is no magic pill or quick fix for long-term, healthy weight loss. It’s going to take a lot of discipline and hard work.
But just because something is difficult, it’s not impossible. The fact is ... You can do it!