Mexican restaurants offer a variety of diet-friendly menu menu options. Our dining out "Quick Guides" list the best and worst dishes at many different types of restaurants. This guide will help you make healthy choices at Mexican restaurants.
For more detailed information, check out The Best Mexican Food for Dieters and How to Make Healthy Mexican Food: Tips and Recipes.
- chicken or vegetable fajitas
- grilled chicken-based dishes (e.g., arroz con pollo)
- grilled seafood-based dishes (e.g. camarones de hacha)
- salsa and picante sauces
- soft tacos with chicken or beef
- chicken flautas
- fish tacos
- chile con carne (hold the cheese)
- pico de gallo
- crunchy tacos
- taco salad
- chorizo sausage
- sour cream
To search the nutritional information for many other restaurant foods, visit About.com's Calorie Count.
More dining out "Quick Guides":