How to Make Your Face Look Slimmer
From your Weight Loss Guide
I recently gave this beauty trick a try and guess what... it really did make a difference!
- Purchase two shades of blush, one of a deeper shade and one that's lighter. To ensure the shades go together, purchase a compact with two coordinating shades.
- Apply your usual foundation make-up or powder to cover any imperfections and even out your skin tone.
- Apply the lighter shade of blush in circular motions onto the apples of your cheeks... how are you to find them apples? Just smile!
- Next, following the line of your cheekbones, apply a sheer sweep of the deeper shade of blush.
- Blend, blend and blend. The key with this trick is to create dimension, but you do not want a very obvious demarcation between your natural cheek color and the blush (i.e. think racer stripes!).
- Sweep a small amount of the lighter shade across your nose and/or forehead as desired to add an extra "glow" to your complexion.
- Don't forget to blend. The first couple of times I tried this, I ended up with a stripe of dark blush over the light blush!
- Check out your handiwork in different types of lighting. Natural light is best to make sure you've blended sufficiently and that the colors are complimentary.
- Make sure you can return your blush if it ends up looking too harsh when you try this trick. Many chains like CVS allow beauty products to be returned.
- Don't apply your blush with a heavy hand; less is more.
- When choosing your shade, think of what color your cheeks are right after you've exercises -- that's your natural "blush".
What You Need:
More How To's from your Guide to Weight Loss