How to Develop a Better Body Image
From your Guide
It is possible to look slimmer even without weight loss. These are several important steps to start working on your image improvement.
- Watch your posture.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Wear comfortable shoes to have a better gait.
- Choose a shorter hair cut.
- Invest in good bodice/lingerie.
- Choose solid colors for your clothes.
- Choose smaller patterns if you want to wear printed dresses.
- Choose vertical lines and strips, avoid horizontal lines.
- Choose one-piece clothes or one-color separates.
- Choose a darker bottom if you want to a wear a different-color
jacket or a skirt and blouse.
- Choose a skirt length so that the hemline would be above or below
the widest part of your calves.
- Choose long or elbow-long sleeves.
- Don't wear too bulky or too tight clothes.
- Don't overindulge in cosmetics.
- Don't wear too much fragrance.
- 'In my opinion there is nothing worse than someone wearing too much fragrance.' - beauty.about.com.
- 'Sizes mean nothing!! One manufacturer's size 8 is another one's 12. UK sizes look the same as US, but they're not.' - fashion.about.com.
- When it comes to body image, there's no quick fix. Consult with a
certified image consultant and enroll in an image improving exercise
More How To's from your Guide